Meet the Kindergarten Crew!
Kindergarten is the start to your child’s educational journey! Our Kindergarten team wants to provide the best education possible to our students. We currently implement the Tennessee State Standards. Below we have listed some skills and social/behavioral expectations that will help your child get a jump start on their transition into their Kindergarten experience.
Our goal is to fully prepare your child for 1st grade. We will work hard to help your child develop a love for reading and writing by the end of Kindergarten.
With your support at home, we know this can be achieved!
Recommended starting Kindergarten skills:
- Writes first/last name (Uses capital and lowercase letters)
- Recognizes upper- and lower-case letters
- Counts to 25 or higher
- Recognizes numbers 0-10
- Counts objects to match numbers 0-10
- Recognizes colors (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, pink, brown, black, gray, white)
- Recognizes shapes (circle, square, triangle, rectangle)
*Tested skills for progress/report cards during the school year will need to be completed by the student without prompting/assistance in order to be considered mastered. *
Recommended starting Kindergarten Social/Behavioral expectations:
- Follows one and two step verbal directions
- Follows classroom directions and rules with few reminders
- Works and completes classwork independently
- Works and plays well with other peers
- Able to use the restroom and wash hands independently